[asterisk-users] Walkie talkie to sip phone interface

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 15:24:27 CST 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Ferdinand Babas <babas at cfht.hawaii.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been trying to find a solution that would allow our sip phones to
> communication with walkie talkies.  Our setup is that we have sip phones
> setup in 2 locations, headquarters and dome.  We can communication from
> headquarters and dome through sip phones, but within the dome we have
> technicians that use walkie talkies to communicate as they go about their
> work.  Our hope is to allow 2 way communications from our sip phones at
> headquarters (or within the dome) with our technicians using their walkie
> talkies as they are working throughout the dome.  Not sure if this is
> possible but I would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ferdinand

Yes there are interfaces for POTS, SIP, H323 and others.   People
could help if they knew what type of signaling or vendor you are
using. A google search gave me this.

http://www.motorola.com/web/Business/Products/Two-way%20Radio%20Infrastructure/Gateways/MOTOBRIDGE%20Interoperable%20IP%20Solution/_Documents/MotoBridgeSS_Final.pdf

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~