[asterisk-users] Issue with Polycom SPIP650 and its sidecar

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Nov 30 09:32:04 CST 2011

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Olivier
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:27 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] Issue with Polycom SPIP650 and its sidecar

Hello,

On one location, I've got from time to time (let say one a week) the
following issue :
the phone SoundPoint 650 works ok (can call or answer, display and sound are
ok),
the sidecar looses its display : entries on sidecar's LCD screen are not
displayed anymore, or names are truncated, or BLF are not shown or updated.

I only have one SPIP650 on this system so I can't compare with others.

What could be the root cause of this ?

Regards

I doubt it is an Asterisk related issue, but what version of Asterisk is the
phone running on?  The most likely probabilities as I see them are (1)
network or power issue (2) hardware problem with the phone (3) provisioning
issue with the phone (bad sip.ld or such).  You could investigate
/var/log/asterisk/full to see what kind of call activity occurs around these
failures.