[asterisk-users] Automatic IVR generator (alpha)

Raj Mathur ( राज माथुर ) raju at linux-delhi.org
Sun Nov 27 00:33:53 CST 2011

Hi,

Have started work on a Perl script to automatically generate Asterisk
IVR dialplans from a YAML configuration.  It's pretty rudimentary right
now, but working for the couple of test cases I've thrown at it.

Current features:

- Built-in navigation (GoTop, GoToMenu).  A GoUp is planned.
- Default 'i' stanzas for menus that don't define one.
- Any level of menu nesting.
- Special pre-entry menu (for auth, language selection, etc.).
- Priority labels.

The Perl script and the test YAML file are respectively available from:

  http://etc.kandalaya.org/IVR/ivr.pl
  http://etc.kandalaya.org/IVR/test.yml

First off, does this look like a useful tool?  And if it does, what
features would you like to see in the finished product?  (No promises
about speedy implementation, but I'll try!)

Regards,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                          || raju at kandalaya.org   || GPG: