[asterisk-users] safe_asterisk ?

Anton Kvashenkin anton.jugatsu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:00:36 CST 2011

This is the right place to ask the question: what is the best practice to
run asterisk safe_asterisk-like method, but without _using_ safe_asterisk
shell script. Actually, what is  safe-asterisk doing? It restarts asterisk
process and renames core dumps for better understanding of the scenario of
crashing. I'm using stable debian, obviously there is no upstart, neither
systemd (@ squeeze, of course), so for restarting asterisk i can use runit
or something like this. How about this, guys, is somebody using runit (or
similliar software) in production. For core dumps, i've read that you can
tweak a little bit sysctl.conf

kernel.core_uses_pid = 1
kernel.core_pattern = /var/tmp/core.%p.%e.%s
fs.suid_dumpable = 1

So my question is: what are you guys using?