[asterisk-users] DONT_OPTIMISE, BETTER_BACKTRACES and performance

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Wed Nov 23 07:37:29 CST 2011

Am 23.11.11 11:39, schrieb Ishfaq Malik:
> Hi
>
> How much impact on performance do DONT_OPTIMISE and BETTER_BACKTRACES
> have on a busy (13000+ entries in cdr for yesterday) server?
>
> I'm trying to decide whether to have them on in case of crashes or not.

Hi,

IMHO a very big impact. for my system (>50k calls per day) i had a load
of average 5 on a dual 6 core machine. without DONT_OPTIMIZE the load of
this server is around 0.5 ;)

if you have to find a problem then use it and hope the best but you
should avoid these settings if its not necessary.

best regards

stefan