[asterisk-users] Sending more than one call the agent while he is already in a call !! ringinuse=no/yes

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 20:46:10 CST 2011

Hi All;

Asterisk version is 1.8.4.2

Just I need to know if the below is a  normal behaviour of asterisk or I have something wrong in the settings:

I am surprised how the queue is sending calls (and not only one call, but a lot of calls) to the agent and the agent already has a call?!!

I tried ringinuse=no but same thing.

Does this happen because when I login to the queue then I use the Phone Interface (for example, SIP/username) and if I used the login to be as agent, then I will not see this problem? Really I spent a lot of time trying to resolve it without any success.

The phones I am using is Cisco with SIP image (also I tried Polycom and the problem is the same), but just to give all the information, I need to say that the contains the following (I am mentioning this to know if it is effecting and causing this problem):

<autoAnswer>
               <autoAnswerEnabled>2</autoAnswerEnabled>
            </autoAnswer>
            <callWaiting>3</callWaiting>

Please, I need a help.

Regards