[asterisk-users] Follow me unreachable message default

Todd Routhier fonemasta at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 17:00:14 CST 2011

Hey folks, been out of the loop for a while and need to make a few changes
to my Ast box.

I have been digging around trying to find an answer on the list archives,
the wiki, google etc. but not joy.

I have using Asterisk 1.4.8 and have recently added the FollowMe feature.

Basically, I have what I need working but when nobody answers on any of the
follow me numbers the caller hears the "The party you are calling is
unreachable" message, then goes to my vmail.

This is OK but I don't like the unreachable message and I want that
skipped/removed from my config.

I read in the docs that you are suppose to use the "n" option to enable
this which I have NOT done anywhere in followme.conf or when I call the
followme app from my dial plan. For some reason it's defaulting to this
option. Is there a way to turn the playing of the unreachable message off,
short of changing the message it plays to something more desirable?

n - Playback the unreachable status message if we've run out of steps to
reach the

Thanks,
 Todd