[asterisk-users] check if devices reachable in queue

Dale Noll dnoll at wi.rr.com
Tue Nov 22 06:00:04 CST 2011

On 11/21/2011 09:16 PM, Matt Hamilton wrote:

> >Have you tried, instead of pre-processing the caller before calling
> Queue(), checking the ${QUEUESTATUS} variable.
>
> Even when the phones are UNREACHABLE, QUEUE is still trying until it
> times out -  ${QUEUESTATUS} = TIMEOUT
>
> I get the following for all the members of the queue, in a loop, until
> it times out.
>
> Executing [1001 at handle-queue:3] Dial("Local/1001 at handle-queue-6d01;2",
> "SIP/1001") in new stack
You are calling the Dial() application here.  If you are using queues,
you should use the Queue() application.
Dial() does not interact with the queue or the device state for the
queue members, it just attempts to make the call.
If the queue members are not available, the Queue() app will immediately
return to the next dialplan step.
If the members are available, the call will be placed into the queue.
If then caller waits for TIMEOUT time, then dialplan will continue at
the next step.
Either way, the ${QUEUESTATUS} variable will contain the reason it
continued.

Dale

--
"The truth speaks for itself. I'm just the messenger."
      Lyta Alexander - Babylon 5