[asterisk-users] no sound with ICES ?

listes@thomasi.be listes at thomasi.be
Tue Nov 22 00:57:26 CST 2011

Hi,
I'm trying to have Asterisk pick up a call and stream it to Liquidsoap (Icecast2 compatible).

This is what I have in my extensions.conf :

[default]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Ices(/etc/asterisk/asterisk-ices.xml)
exten => s,n,HangUp

Here's what working so far: Asterisk does pick up the call, and connects to the icecast server. However it seems like nothing is sent in the stream, as if no sound were present.
Doing Echo() instead of Ices() works fine (I can hear myself talk back).
The ices binary is in the path, and works well with the supplied configuration file when called from the bash cli.

Do you see anything that would explain that my voice is not sent through the Ices() function call ?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thomas