[asterisk-users] vigor 2920 problems

Arthur Stanfield aj at dmcip.com
Mon Nov 21 04:45:14 CST 2011

Hi John,

We've had similiar issues with customers behind the 2920 connecting to a hosted asterisk system. If you rebooted a phone it often didn't re-register, Checking the NAT sessions table on the router revealed stale nat sessions open for the phone.

On the advice of Dreytek we found a fix by lowering the NAT session timeout from the default of 24hrs down to 5 minutes and installing the latest release of the firmware (3.3.7) it may not be available on the UK Site at the moment (It wasn't when we did the upgrade!) but it can be got from ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2920/Firmware/v3.3.7/

It may help, It may not - But its quick easy fix if it does.

Regards,
AJ.