[asterisk-users] Using asterisk with DSP chips

Sazzad sazzadbinkamal at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 22:48:09 CST 2011

*@David*
Thanks for your reply. The specification for this job is not clear yet.
Like whether we'll be provided with related DAHDI driver or not. If not, I
have to write one. So I was interested about the 'know how'. Hence I think
my precise question will be:

Is there any open source DAHDI driver for a DSP chip, that Asterisk uses
> for transcoding, so that I can study it ?

*
*
@Eric

Eric, thanks. I think you've got the point. Thanks for those links. I
remember I've compiled Asterisk with all those DAHDI drivers.
Specially, wctc4xxp drivers meant to be used for TC400 series (according to
documentation). Yes, now I think, we are not provided with Sangoma/Digium
cards (which they hopefully have drivers prepared), I've to seek some
wisdom at dev-list for other DSP chips.

--
Sincerely,
Sazzad Bin Kamal