[asterisk-users] check if devices reachable in queue

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 14:49:15 CST 2011

I would like to perform 2 checks on a queue:

1. if the caller stays in the queue for a certain time, I would like to forward him to phone A.

2. if the devices/members in the queue are not reachable, I would like to forward him to a phone B.

The first one is straight-forward via the timeout.

I'm looking for a fast/practical way of accomplishing the second one. In other words, before sending a call to a queue, I would like to see if the members/devices in that queue are available/reachable.

I define the members statically in queue.conf and QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT gives the count of those - doesn't care if  they are available/reachable or not (even if phone is unhooked, still counted).

I should be able to loop through each member and use  ${DEVICE_STATE(<sip phone>)}. for every incoming call, isn't this overkill? Any other way?

Thanks a lot,
Matt