[asterisk-users] Deleting AstDB family at start

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 13:25:13 CST 2011

Is it possible to delete the keys belonging to a family in AstDB at Asterisk startup? I would like to repopulate it from another source each time Asterisk is restarted.

I know there is a DBdeltree(<family>) function. Is there a context that only runs once (automatically) at Asterisk startup (so that I can call this function)?

Also is AstDB lookup faster than a func_odbc lookup? Is there a faster way to perform a lookup in Asterisk; e.g. create a lookup table in memory perhaps?

I'm new to Asterisk...

Thanks,
Matt