[asterisk-users] More than one route to a destination

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 09:19:14 CST 2011

Hi,

> Can I use 2 SIP Trunks from each remote offices to the central site
> and permit 2 simultaneous calls across the SIP trunk that passes over
> the smaller line, and permit 10 simultaneous calls across the larger
> link?

Yes.

> I also wish to have priorities, so that more important calls are sent
> over the smaller link (but more reliable) and the larger link used for
> less important calls.

1- find out the criteria for Imp calls and write dialplan to use the
reliable link and use other SIP trunk otherwise.

>  Can you do this priority based on the user ID of the caller?

Yes. For any outbound call see who is the caller and if CALLERID(num)
matches use desired link.

If a user with a SIP client starts off in remote office1, and then
> moves to remote office4, can then keep the same phone number?

 AFAIK, you need to use DUNDI between the Asterisk Servers on top of SIP
trunks. Once DUNDI is setup your users can move between offices and have
just one extension.

Regards,
Sammy