[asterisk-users] Calling an independent gateway from asterisk

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 00:13:16 CST 2011

Hey,

Though your requirements are unclear and below may not exactly fit your
specs unless you give some more usage details.

if your gateway requires no authentication, yes you can do this by writing
a dialplan extension like below

exten => calling-togw,1,NOOP(I'll be getting some variables from AMI caller)
same => n,DIAL(SIP/${CALLTHIS}@my-example.com)

Now, in the AMI script you need to do the following.

1- Connect to asterisk,
2- Set the variable CALLTHIS as the destination you want to dial-out
3- use the Originate-AMI<http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+Originate>action
properly.

Regards,
Sammy