[asterisk-users] trouble with sip connection and registration

James Sharp james at fivecats.org
Mon Nov 14 21:13:43 CST 2011

On 11/14/2011 09:57 PM, sean darcy wrote:

> Unthinkable!! Used wireshark: I can see the REGISTER packets going out
> from the home router, but nothing from home:5060 shows up at the office.
>
> Bummer. Now I get to think about how to set up special ports between
> home and office. A great evening activity.

I've always used a VPN to get around BS like that.  A home router
running dd-wrt connecting via PPTP to your server, problem solved.

I'd also call your ISP and hold them accountable and ask why your
traffic is being filtered.  And which ISP are you using?  That way we
all know which ones like to play games with SIP packets.