[asterisk-users] Logging Specific Verbose Level To Seperate File

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Nov 14 16:37:58 CST 2011

Un-top-posting and de-crufting...

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011, Warren Selby wrote:

> If you call DumpChan from an AGI you should be able to read the response
> programmatically and then dump the data into a database. Cleans up your
> dialplan but requires some scripting or programming knowledge (php,
> perl, bash or even C) in order to write the AGI.

If you execute the dumpchan() application from an AGI, the output is still
via Asterisk's logging mechanism.

If your logging level is high enough, that output will be logged. If you
log to syslogd, it will be as a single line. I don't know what it looks
like if you log to files.

In any case, I'd say this is a bad approach because the 'verbosity' level
is too volatile. Some people (me), automagically* bump up verbosity when
they access the Asterisk console and then automagically set it back to 0
when they exit the console.

Perhaps executing dumpchan() via AMI would be more promising.

*) Via shell scripting.

--
Thanks in advance,