[asterisk-users] How do extensions "stay registered"

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Mon Nov 14 16:29:58 CST 2011

I think the registration part was answered.  The de-registration part is
different.  If the phone is gracefully taken off line it specifically
de-registers.  If it just can't be reached because it powers off or the
router closes NAT, or whatever, then Asterisk won't know this until it
times out.

Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve
602-889-3003