[asterisk-users] unavailable state not reported to Cisco SPA50X phone

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Mon Nov 14 08:41:39 CST 2011

Am 14.11.11 06:54, schrieb Linux:
> I tried to understand the rfc4235 which states the following:
>

>  "However, using this package to model state for non-
>    session dialog usages is out of the scope of this specification."
>
> Does this actually mean that the device state of being "offline" is not part of this standard and as such can not be used to reflect the unavailable state in BLF?

Hello Hans,

Thats exactly the problem you hit. Even the RFC or the phones support
something like an "offline" state for not available phones.

In asterisk 1.2 this worked but it was changed after this version to be
RFC conform. I have solved this problem by using a proxy in front which
checkes if a phone is registered and set back a 404 if its not online
(registered) but this is not a solution for you.

Maybe you can build some solution with an external script and setting
custom device states.

best regards

Stefan