[asterisk-users] Frequent Asterisk Restarts

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Thu Nov 10 12:10:52 CST 2011

Hi all,

I've recently started experiencing frequent * restarts, usually caused by a
segfault.  So, I moved my users to a different server and the same thing
happened.  It's a fairly busy box, so I considered memory exhaustion.  Nope,
not even swapping.

Now I'm thinking file handles, but I won't be able to test until tonight.  Is
there anything else I should look at?

I'm (re)starting * via inittab.  I'm assuming I can just use a script that
contains the proper ulimit incantation to increase the file handles...?

Any other advise on how to improve stability?  BTW, both servers are running
Asterisk 1.6.2.9 w/ realtime sip/voicemail.

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.