[asterisk-users] Asterisk 10.0.0-rc1 Now Available

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu Nov 10 11:24:08 CST 2011

On 11-11-10 12:12 PM, Danny Nicholas wrote:
> Yeah!  My boss will be much happier having a system that doesn't have the
> -tail on it.

I hear this kind of statement every once in a while, which makes absolutely no
sense to me. If you're blindly running a version of any software in production
(regardless as to it being tagged a -beta, -rc, -magic_candy, etc) without prior
testing, then you're pretty much at the same risk regardless.

I could take a random snapshot from a branch and name it something without a
tailing hyphen+name, and it'd be pretty much the exact same thing without prior
testing in your environment.

Leif.