[asterisk-users] 1.8.8.0-rc2 Missing core functions.

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu Nov 10 11:14:32 CST 2011

On 11-11-07 08:38 AM, Bryant Zimmerman wrote:
> I have a test box that has been running asterisk without issue. I updated
> it to 1.8.8.0-rc2 and now I am getting some wierd issues I have never seen
> before.
>

> All the modules seem to have compiled without issue.
>

> Asterisk starts up. I can register peers against it but that is where the
> normal operation stops.
>
> I can't do core restart or core stop it says the commands don't exist. When
> I try to pass a call from a registered peer. It says (CALLERIDNUMBER) is
> not a registered function.
>

> What would casue core commands and functions to not load properly?

'core restart' and 'core stop' are not complete commands. You would need to use
'core restart {gracefully,now,when convenient}' or 'core stop
{gracefully,now,when convenient}'

CALLERIDNUMBER is not a valid function (never has been). Do you mean
CALLERID(number) ?

I'd also suggest you remove all the modules from the /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/
directory and try a 'make install' again since you could potentially have some
sort of mixture of modules/code going on.

Leif.