[asterisk-users] Licensing question.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Nov 9 08:11:38 CST 2011

On 11/09/2011 07:59 AM, Yaroslav Panych wrote:
> I shall contact when(and if) decision will be made. But such decision
> cannot be made basing only on this paragraph, because it does not
> describes anything. There are no description of licensing procedure,
> nor pricing, nor liability, rights or freedoms(at least in general
> approximation) of sides. So I'm here asking and asking again.
> In any case, even usage of GPL-ed copy of Asterisk(or any other
> software) is illegal in my country.

Why would you expect a single paragraph in the Asterisk source tree to
have a complete description of Digium's commercial licensing options? It
wouldn't even make sense for that to be in the source tree, disregarding
that commercial license terms are typically negotiated with each
customer based on their unique situation.

Your last question doesn't make any sense; you are asking us if usage of
GPLv2-licensed software is illegal in your country? We don't even know
what country you live in, and even if we did, the answer to that
question is something you need to obtain from people who clearly
understand your country's laws.

--
Kevin P. Fleming