[asterisk-users] Licensing question.

Yaroslav Panych panych.y at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 16:47:06 CST 2011

Greetings

I have found next paragraph in Licence file(source root)
"Digium, Inc. (formerly Linux Support Services) holds copyright
and/or sufficient licenses to all components of the Asterisk
package, and therefore can grant, at its sole discretion, the ability
for companies, individuals, or organizations to create proprietary or
Open Source (even if not GPL) modules which may be dynamically linked at
runtime with the portions of Asterisk which fall under our
copyright/license umbrella, or are distributed under more flexible
licenses than GPL."

What does it mean? Does it mean I can write non-GPL modules(BSD, MIT,
etc)? Can I build my modules in common asterisk source tree(i.e. using
LOCAL_MOD_SUBDIRS="my_mod_subdirs_list" make ) or must use separate
tree? If so, then since Asterisk core does not accepts anything except
AST_MODULE_INFO(ASTERISK_GPL_KEY, ....) what I should do here?

regards, Yaroslav.