[asterisk-users] State of Asterisk+Virtualization+Timing

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sun Nov 6 09:50:21 CST 2011

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011, Nic Colledge wrote:

> Have you thought about using LXC rather than OpenVZ.

+1

> There are a few references to allowing guest access to timing hardware
> online.

Simples. Load up the dahdi modules in the host and all the containers see
it.

> I've only been playing with it recently and haven't used it in
> production yet but plan to soon.

I've been using LXC in production for virtual asterisk hosts for well over
a year now.

I'd not mix an LXC container on the same host as a general purpose LAMP
container, but as long as all the containers are well behaved then you
shouldn't have any issues. At least I don't.

Gordon