[asterisk-users] CallerID inconsistently presented through ISDN/cellular networks

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 4 12:17:04 CDT 2011

2011/11/4 Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com>

> When you say 2/3 of calls, is there an inconsistency to the same recipient
> or could it be a carrier issue (Verizon only, T-Mobile only, etc.)?****

When we tested, calls were originated by 32 different cellphones to a
unique ISDN-connected Asterisk box which then forwarded this call to a
unique destination cellphone.
Naming things this way "A calls B which forwards to C", we used 32
different cellphones as A, and only one asterisk and one cellphone as
respectively B and C.

A doubt I still get at the moment, is I can't swear B always received a
correct CallerID from A (maybe, it received 32 correct Caller IDs, maybe
not).
That's why I'm gonna try again this weekend to record full logs of calls
leaving Asterisk to the destination cellphone.

Asterisk and cellphones are connected to each other with France Telecom
ISDN and GSM networks.