[asterisk-users] DID from Direct from Telco

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Fri Nov 4 09:57:28 CDT 2011

Berry

The local Telco's have control over the local phone numbers but they make share/collocation/LNP agreements with other carriers and VOIP interconnect carriers so numbers get swapped/leased and rented between different vendors. As a VOIP interconnected carrier this allows us access to 90% of US number markets. If there is a market that we need that one of our partners does not have we try to partner with a player in that region or someone who has. If that does not work we can then collocate equipment with that local carrier to get access. This then extends our network reach to that region. The goal is to achieve the highest quality lowest cost routes to regions our customers are willing to pay for.