[asterisk-users] DID from Direct from Telco

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 07:46:35 CDT 2011

Thank you guys for your response,

>> One FXS port can only handle one call. A PRI T1 gateway can handle 23 call channels. A single T1 Data line with SIP can >> handle about 18 call channels running G711, 37 channels running g729

I just want to make sure that a T1 Gateway (capable of 23 call
channels), plugged into an FXS port (capable of one call), is not a
bottleneck. I.e., even though our network can handle upto 23 channels,
we can only support 1 concurrent call becuase of the single FXS? What
I am trying to figure out is what would I need to have the same
capabilities as a company offering DIDs. Which mediant, and maybe a
nice illustration?

Thanks in Advance,

Nick.