[asterisk-users] FFA - Asterisk 1.6.2.6

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Wed Nov 2 09:09:10 CDT 2011

On 02/11/2011 05:04, Anton Kvashenkin wrote:
> Turn off faxdetect on this peer.
>
> 2011/11/2 Christian Tardif <christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
> <mailto:christian.tardif at servinfo.ca>>
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I have a 1.6.2.6 fax installation with a FFA license which seems
>     to be installed correctly (in fax show stats, I see that I have 1
>     Digium G.711  licensed channel, and 1 Digium T.38 licensed channel).
>
>     When trying to call my business line with a fax machine, it looks
>     like it's ringing to my asterisk box, then transfer the call to my
>     extension. In the logs, I see (after the line where it says that
>     my extension is ringing): chan_sip.c: Fax detected but no fax
>     extension.
>
>     How come does Asterisk even try to ring my phone? It seems that
>     the detection (which should append BEFORE any phone ring) does not
>     work, and I have no clue where to look at.
>
>     In case this helps, I'm configuring the installation with FreePBX
>     2.8.1.4

I just checked, and faxdetect is not enabled on any peer. I was
wondering if any time condition could disturb my tests yesterday night
(I was testing way after office close hours) but no, there's no impact.
Asterisk still does not detect incoming fax.

I just found, while reading the doc. I have to detect fax in legacy mode
in order for Fax For Asterisk to do the detection correctly. Well, for
now, as this is deprecated. I now know that the detection works and that
I'll have, in a near future, remove the legacy detection and route
incoming fax to a valid fax destination....  I'll have to understand
what a valid fax extension is...  :-)

--
Christian Tardif