[asterisk-users] FFA - Asterisk 1.6.2.6

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Tue Nov 1 23:47:03 CDT 2011

Hi,

I have a 1.6.2.6 fax installation with a FFA license which seems to be
installed correctly (in fax show stats, I see that I have 1 Digium
G.711  licensed channel, and 1 Digium T.38 licensed channel).

When trying to call my business line with a fax machine, it looks like
it's ringing to my asterisk box, then transfer the call to my extension.
In the logs, I see (after the line where it says that my extension is
ringing): chan_sip.c: Fax detected but no fax extension.

How come does Asterisk even try to ring my phone? It seems that the
detection (which should append BEFORE any phone ring) does not work, and
I have no clue where to look at.

In case this helps, I'm configuring the installation with FreePBX 2.8.1.4

Thanks,

--
Christian Tardif