[asterisk-users] DAHDi installation problem

Deka, Rajib IN MAA SL rajib.deka at siemens.com
Mon May 30 23:07:14 CDT 2011

Thank you very much Ruffell and Patrick.
The problem was basic. The OS was missing with correct kernel headers.
We installed correct kernel headers and its working fine now.

Regards,
Rajib

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 02:29:37PM +0200, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 05/30/2011 10:03 AM, Deka, Rajib IN MAA SL wrote:
>> Hello List,
>>
>> What version of DAHDi should be installed for CentOS Kernel version
>> 2.16.18?194.el5.
>
> I would use the latest DAHDI version which is currently:
>
> DAHDI tools: 2.4.1
> DAHDI linux: 2.4.1.2
>
> You can find them at http://www.asterisk.org/downloads
>
>> We do not have access to yum in our network, so we need to install a
>> specific version with respect to kernel version.
>
> Not being able to use yum does make things a bit challenging.
>
>> Or, what update to be downloaded and applied to CentOS kernel to install
>> a specific version of DAHDi.
>
> DAHDI should work fine with your current kernel and it should work fine
> with the latest kernel.
>
> The kernel version you mentioned suggests that you are using CentOS 5.5
> or RHEL 5.5. I would get the 5.6 DVD iso and upgrade the box to 5.6 and
> then download (to a USB stick) and install (from the USB stick) all the
> updates that are available since the release of 5.6.

Hi Rajib. In addition to what Patrick wrote I would ask that you write
what the error messages that you're seeing when you try to install. It
could be something as basic as you don't have the correct kernel headers
installed.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer

Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment there to contains corporate proprietary information. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your system.
Thank You.