[asterisk-users] DAHDi installation problem

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon May 30 07:29:37 CDT 2011

Hi Rajib,

Comments inline.

On 05/30/2011 10:03 AM, Deka, Rajib IN MAA SL wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> What version of DAHDi should be installed for CentOS Kernel version
> 2.16.18–194.el5.

I would use the latest DAHDI version which is currently:

DAHDI tools: 2.4.1
DAHDI linux: 2.4.1.2

You can find them at http://www.asterisk.org/downloads

> We do not have access to yum in our network, so we need to install a
> specific version with respect to kernel version.

Not being able to use yum does make things a bit challenging.

> Or, what update to be downloaded and applied to CentOS kernel to install
> a specific version of DAHDi.

DAHDI should work fine with your current kernel and it should work fine
with the latest kernel.

The kernel version you mentioned suggests that you are using CentOS 5.5
or RHEL 5.5. I would get the 5.6 DVD iso and upgrade the box to 5.6 and
then download (to a USB stick) and install (from the USB stick) all the
updates that are available since the release of 5.6.

Regards,
Patrick