[asterisk-users] asterisk fails when DNS or internet fails

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon May 30 01:50:29 CDT 2011

On 05/30/2011 02:44 AM, gincantalupo wrote:

> - do not use urls, only ip addresses in sip.conf
>
> or put your urls inside /etc/hosts (is what I do especially sip
> providers urls)

Definitely don't put URLs in /etc/hosts.  I assume you meant URIs, but
either way, neither one belongs there.  That file is for overriding
what would otherwise be a remote DNS query for a singular host (for
applications using the libc resolver), and should only contain
hostnames, short hostnames and IP addresses.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC