[asterisk-users] Why PRI not BRI ?

Gergo Csibra csibra at gmail.com
Sun May 29 04:09:22 CDT 2011

Sunday, May 29, 2011, 10:57:00 AM, virendra wrote:

> I have stupid question but I want to know it. Why we use the PRI insted of
> BRI ? Just for the sake of number of lines or any thing else ?

Yes, because of much more channels. But if you need only 2 or 4
channels BRI is cheaper. From 10-12 channels becomes PRI cheaper.

And the other reason: if you use traditional channel banks instead of
VoIP phones that uses PRI also.

> And why SIP is used for making calls rather then IAX? Even we know IAX takes
> 1 channel for making calls?

Maybe because of almost every VoIP phones knows SIP. I personally
didn't meet any IAX VoIP phone.

--
Best regards,
 Gergo                            mailto:csibra at gmail.com