[asterisk-users] Cisco registration problem with 1.8.3.3

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Sat May 28 21:01:30 CDT 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Ian S. Worthington
<ianworthington at usa.net> wrote:
> I too had heard that 1833 did NOT have the 184 problem, which makes me
> suspicious that it's not that.
>
> I don't think its a NAT problem.  Neither a sip trace not tcpdump show any
> response at all to the incoming REGISTER.
>
> The phone is on the local lan.  I have nat=no and nat_enable: "0"

You are running tcpdump on the Asterisk server? Are you capturing all
traffic or only certain ports? What firmware are you running on the
phone? I am using PS03-8-12-00. It wouldn't hurt to try with nat
enabled, see below. I setup all my phones this way as it saves having
to reconfigure when users take them home.

sip.conf
nat=yes

SIPDefault.cnf
nat_enable: 1