[asterisk-users] standalone PRI-to-SIP converter

Terry Brummell terry at brummell.net
Fri May 27 11:33:16 CDT 2011

From: Patrick Lists
Sent: Fri 5/27/2011 11:18 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] standalone PRI-to-SIP converter

On 05/27/2011 05:10 PM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> I'm looking for recommendations for standalond PRI to SIP converters.  (Needs to be outside the asterisk box - so a PCIe card won't do)
>
> I've used redfone but this project doesn't need the redundancy features...

Have a look at Patton or Audiocodes. Both solid solutions although
Audiocodes has a bit of a reputation when it comes to configuring it.

Regards,
Patrick

--
I have a 2nd vote for AudoCodes as well.  We use Mediant 1000's (combo FXS, FXO, PRI, T1/E1) and Mediant 2000's (digital links only) boxes here.  They can be a bear to set up as they try to please everyone for everything in various setups.  They have a ton of config options, but once they are up and running, they are rock solid.  I mean ROCK solid.  The price point may drive you away though.  Case in point, we needed to do verification on a fully equipped M1K (Mediant 1000) to certify it to work with our product.  The boxes we ordered have a PRI/T1 module, FXS, FXO Loop Start, FXO Ground Start, and dual power supplies.  As ordered the boxes were somewhere in the neighbourhood of $7000 each.
We use AudioCodes exclusively with our product, MP-11x's, M2K's & M1K's.  So I'm quite used to them, but for a newbie they are VERY scary!