[asterisk-users] Sending call to specific IP address

Elliot Murdock murdocke at gmail.com
Tue May 24 04:15:57 CDT 2011

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

How would one go about adding a SIP proxy IP address in Asterisk for peers?

The host parameter for a peer (in sip.conf) seems to define both the domain
URI and the IP address for the next SIP proxy hop (there is an ipaddr
parameter, but it seems that only works in realtime sip).

As far as it seems, an integral part of the SIP protocol is the ability to
send packets out to SIP proxies that have different IP addresses from the
URI's domain (similar to how routing works in IP networking, with gateways
routing destinations).

--Elliot