[asterisk-users] call files .vbs

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun May 22 19:52:02 CDT 2011

On Sun, 22 May 2011, Thomas Perron wrote:

> Can a vb script run somehow on a Linux machine or does it only work on Windows?

Virtual machines or Wine may have some possibilities.

> I simply want to execute a script that helps me automate the voice
> broadcasting/IVR of up to 10000 phone numbers.

Write a script that executes on the Asterisk box. Where do the 10,000
numbers come from?

Executing a script on the Asterisk box will enable you to monitor the
status of the process better. Like only dumping xxx scripts at a time into
the spool directory and sending you an email if Asterisk stops processing
them for some reason.

--
Thanks in advance,