[asterisk-users] Faxing with Asterisk 1.8.4 & T.38

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Fri May 20 13:20:52 CDT 2011

Hi -

I am looking for suggestions for ITSPs for faxing with asterisk 1.8.  We are based in the US, so would need an ITSP with US DIDs.

#1) We would like to use Fax For Asterisk with asterisk 1.8.4 in order to receive faxes via T.38.  Sending faxes is not a requirement.  Does anyone have a working asterisk 1.8.4 configuration and ITSP provider that they can recommend?  We have been trying T.38 DIDs from our current ITSP, but we have been unable to make it work.  I am more than happy to purchase new DIDs from a different provider if they will consistently work and are fairly priced.

#2) We would also like to connect an ATA directly to some of our fax machines, and use that for both sending and receiving faxes.  We have several SPA2102s (and similar models) and have been unable to get them to work with T.38 and our current provider.  We have tried connecting the ATAs directly to our ITSP, and also with asterisk sitting in the middle doing pass-through. Once again, I am willing to purchase new DIDs, and purchase new ATAs if someone can point us towards a known working provider & configuration.

Thanks!

Eric
ewr at erols.com