[asterisk-users] v1.8.4: Extension Not found in Context?

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Thu May 19 02:50:47 CDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:39 PM, A E [Gmail] <all.eforums at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Paul Belanger <pabelanger at digium.com>wrote:
>
>> On 11-05-18 08:01 PM, A E [Gmail] wrote:
>>
>>> boxb*CLI>  dialplan show Test
>>> [ Context 'Test' created by 'pbx_config' ]
>>>   '2222' =>          1. Answer()
>>> [pbx_config]
>>>                     2. Wait(2)
>>>  [pbx_config]
>>>                     3. Hangup()
>>> [pbx_config]
>>>
>>> -= 1 extension (3 priorities) in 1 context. =-
>>>
>>> But when the call comes into boxb from box a, on box b CLI I see the msg:
>>>
>>> NOTICE[1613]: chan_sip.c:21581 handle_request_invite: Call from 'boxA' to
>>> extension '2222' rejected because extension not found in context 'Test'.
>>>
>>> WHY??
>>>
>>> Thanks :(
>>>
>>>  Does the peer using 'boxA' dialplan include context 'Test'?
>>
>> You mean in its definition/declaration in sip.conf? yes. sip.conf in Box B
> looks like this:
>
> [boxA]
> type=peer
> host=10.0.3.5
> context=Test
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> allow=g722
> allow=g729
> dtmfmode=rfc2833
> canreinvite=no
> insecure=port,invite
>

> Ok, this problem is fixed. Once again, it was the damn "domain=" line in
sip.conf

Since I was using a non-standard port i.e. 5062, just using, autodomain=yes
doesn't help. One needs to explicitly specify the local address and bindport
to be included. But the message in the console is misleading. I think I need
to open a bug/issue about this.

If I have a "udpbindaddr" = 10.0.3.6:5062, then autodomain keyword, should
actually be smart enough to read that and auto-include the port specified
(if specified).

Thanks