[asterisk-users] v1.8.4: Extension Not found in Context?

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Wed May 18 19:01:36 CDT 2011

Hello All,

This is probably another one of those completely silly questions that I'm
going to hit myself later on, but I have the simplest issue right now but I
can't figure out why it's happening:

I have a trunk from one * box (box a) to another * box (box b)

the call comes in from box a with an extension 2222 which acc. to the peer
config in sip.conf is set to use context 'Test'

In extensions.conf,context 'Test' is as follows:

[Test]
exten => 2222,1,Answer()
same => n,Wait(2)
same => n,Hangup

on the CLI, I can verify that by 'dialplan show Test'

boxb*CLI> dialplan show Test
[ Context 'Test' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '2222' =>         1. Answer()
[pbx_config]
                    2. Wait(2)
 [pbx_config]
                    3. Hangup()
[pbx_config]

-= 1 extension (3 priorities) in 1 context. =-

But when the call comes into boxb from box a, on box b CLI I see the msg:

NOTICE[1613]: chan_sip.c:21581 handle_request_invite: Call from 'boxA' to
extension '2222' rejected because extension not found in context 'Test'.

WHY??

Thanks :(