[asterisk-users] OT - Which Android handset with Wifi-only ?

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Sun May 15 13:57:09 CDT 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM, sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> anyone actually used this on Android to connect to an asterisk server?

Yes.  I purchased it a while ago from the Marketplace, and had some
issues with sound quality as my specific phone (Motorola Atrix) isn't
officially supported yet.  However, the support people at CounterPath
have been extremely responsive, and the latest version works much
better.  I have not tested the G.729 codec.

It's a good app, but I would buy it from CouterPath directly next time
as their refund policy is longer than 15 minutes and they list the
supported devices.  Hopefully they will add video support soon.

-Jonathan