[asterisk-users] 1.8.4 Core Dump after installing from source

Jose P. Espinal jpe at slackware-es.com
Thu May 12 23:38:34 CDT 2011

Hello,

After installing Asterisk from source in Slackware 13.1, I get the
following error:

Error loading module 'res_config_odbc.so':
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_config_odbc.so: undefined symbol:
ast_odbc_clear_cache

Then a core dump.

If I change the /etc/asterisk/modules.conf in order to preload the
'res_odbc.so' module, then the error dissapears, *but* still crashes
with core dump

Could someone point me out as where to start looking, or point me out to
some documenation?

Aditional Info:
I enabled ODBC voicemail storage through the command line with:

make menuselect.makeopts

menuselect/menuselect --disable-category MENUSELECT_OPTS_app_voicemail
menuselect.makeopts
menuselect/menuselect --enable ODBC_STORAGE menuselect.makeopts

Could it be that ODBC_STORAGE is causing problems with FILE_STORAGE,
even if I explicitly disabled FILE_STORAGE?

I also used 'strip' on the binaries (could that be the reason?):
find . | xargs file | grep "executable" | grep ELF | cut -f 1 -d : |
xargs strip --strip-unneeded 2> /dev/null

find . | xargs file | grep "shared object" | grep ELF | cut -f 1 -d : |
xargs strip --strip-unneeded 2> /dev/null

Regards,

--
Jose P. Espinal
http://www.eslackware.com