[asterisk-users] Light indicator managed by Asterisk

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Thu May 12 12:32:54 CDT 2011

This is all that I am aware of to control the phone lights.

pbx*CLI> core show function DEVICE_STATE

  -= Info about function 'DEVICE_STATE' =-

[Synopsis]
Get or Set a device state.

[Description]
The DEVICE_STATE function can be used to retrieve the device state from any
device state provider. For example:
NoOp(SIP/mypeer has state ${DEVICE_STATE(SIP/mypeer)})
NoOp(Conference number 1234 has state ${DEVICE_STATE(MeetMe:1234)})
The DEVICE_STATE function can also be used to set custom device state from
the dialplan.  The 'Custom:' prefix must be used. For example:
Set(DEVICE_STATE(Custom:lamp1)=BUSY)
Set(DEVICE_STATE(Custom:lamp2)=NOT_INUSE)
You can subscribe to the status of a custom device state using a hint in
the dialplan:
exten => 1234,hint,Custom:lamp1
The possible values for both uses of this function are:
UNKNOWN | NOT_INUSE | INUSE | BUSY | INVALID | UNAVAILABLE | RINGING |
RINGINUSE | ONHOLD

[Syntax]
DEVICE_STATE(device)

[Arguments]