[asterisk-users] Light indicator managed by Asterisk

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Thu May 12 12:20:35 CDT 2011

On 05/12/2011 06:58 PM, Andrew Latham wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Jonas Kellens
> <jonas.kellens at telenet.be>  wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> is there some way to make Asterisk light up a certain light on an IP-phone ?
>>
>> Like MWI, the message waiting indicator can light up if there is voicemail.
>>
>> Could this light, or even other lights (like BLF-buttons) be used to give a
>> visual notification to the user ?
>>
>> For example : if a certain value is set in the Mysql-DB and Asterisk reads
>> out this value, can Asterisk react upon it inside the dialplan to make a
>> light lit up ?
>>
>> 2nd example : if a certain extension is called, can we perform inside the
>> dialplan an action that makes a light lit up on a Snom or Yealink IP-phone ?
>>
>> I don't know if all this is at all possible, but it doesn't harm asking I
>> guess...
>>
>> If BLF works, then maybe more things are possible in the same way. Just
>> thinking outside the box here.
>>

>> Kind regards,
>> Jonas.
>>
> On snom and other phones it is easy...
> http://wiki.snom.com/Interoperability/PBX/Asterisk#Extension_Monitoring_.28BLF.29_.26_Call_Pick-Up
>
> Also look at SLA
> http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/trunk/configs/sla.conf.sample

I know how MWI and BLF works, that's not my question. I'm talking about
lighting up lights on the phone on other occasions, not related to MWI
or BLF. Check the examples I gave again.

Can Asterisk (through SIP or maybe another protocol) "control" lights on
an IP-phone like Snom, Yealink or other ?

Also : can we control SIP notify or SIP option packets inside the dialplan ?

Kind regards,
Jonas.