[asterisk-users] Light indicator managed by Asterisk

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu May 12 12:12:13 CDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 18:50 +0200, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there some way to make Asterisk light up a certain light on an
> IP-phone ?
>
> Like MWI, the message waiting indicator can light up if there is
> voicemail.
>
> Could this light, or even other lights (like BLF-buttons) be used to
> give a visual notification to the user ?
>
> For example : if a certain value is set in the Mysql-DB and Asterisk
> reads out this value, can Asterisk react upon it inside the dialplan
> to make a light lit up ?
>
> 2nd example : if a certain extension is called, can we perform inside
> the dialplan an action that makes a light lit up on a Snom or Yealink
> IP-phone ?
>
> I don't know if all this is at all possible, but it doesn't harm
> asking I guess...
>
> If BLF works, then maybe more things are possible in the same way.
> Just thinking outside the box here.

	BLF lights can be manipulated with Hints and the DEVSTATE function to
set custom device states.  This way you can have a BLF light react to
any event you want.

	The MWI can be manipulated in several ways.  Last week someone asked
this question and got several answers.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001