[asterisk-users] multiple calls into hold

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu May 12 06:01:14 CDT 2011

On Thu, 12 May 2011, virendra bhati wrote:

> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Gordon Henderson <
> gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 12 May 2011, virendra bhati wrote:
>>
>>  Hi list,
>>>
>>> Is there any way by which we can put multiple calls into hold with
>>> asterisk.
>>>
>>> like A to B.
>>> then C to B and A on hold.
>>> then D to B now C ,A on hold like wise..
>>>

>> It's more a phone issue that asterisk. Just get a multi-line phone
>> (GXP2000, Snom 360, etc.) and enable call-waiting on it. Then you can
>> shuttle between calls, transfers, etc. Just like a real receptionist ;)

> Hi ,
>
> I am using Cisco 7940/60 phone.
> Is this okay or we need another phone for that. plz suggest me '

I have no idea. You could always google it and read the manual. However
I've done this for you (I'll send the bill shortly).

It looks like it's designed as a generic office user type phone rather
than for reception type use.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/ps1854/index.html

it says:

   "The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G is well suited for employees in a
   basic office cubicle environment--such as transaction type workers--who
   conduct a moderate amount of business by phone."

Gordon