[asterisk-users] When someone helps you, at least let them know if the problem is resolved or not

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu May 12 03:28:25 CDT 2011

This is beginning to turn even more unpleasant than the original breach of
netiquette which prompted the discussion -- like one of those fights which
starts with a raised voice, escalates to fisticuffs and then weapons, and by
the time innocent bystanders are getting injured nobody can even remember the
original point being argued.

Please, let's all just move on -- and remember to  (1)  remove extraneous
quoted material, because it saves bandwidth;  (2)  post *below* the points to
which we are replying, because that is the natural flow of a conversation;
and  (3)  acknowledge when issues are resolved with at least a quick "Thank
you, this worked for me" -- both to show that no more need be said, and to
indicate to future readers of the archives that a working solution was found.

Call me an old romantic if you like, but I firmly believe that we owe it to
future generations coming to read our posts in the mailing list archives, for
them to find the archives as helpful as we found the posts we once had to
read in the mailing list archives to get to the position of posting our own
answers.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.