[asterisk-users] Disabling echo cancellation by software

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Wed May 11 23:47:41 CDT 2011

I just reread your original email, and I think I answered the wrong
question.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:36:04PM -0500, Shaun Ruffell wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:54:06PM -0300, Alejandro Cabrera Obed wrote:
> > Dear, I have Asterisk 1.6 with an E1 Digium card with echo
> > cancellation module. So I need to use just the echo cancellation by
> > hardware and disable the echo cancellation by software. I use DAHDI
> > for my telephony hardware.
> With all current releases of DAHDI if a span has a hardware echocanceler
> available, it will be used regardless of the settings in
> /etc/dahdi/system.conf.

The above paragraph is the answer to your original question. If you have
a hardware echo canceler module installed it will always be used in
preference to the software echo cancelers.

Although still again this will not be true in DAHDI Linux 2.5.0 when
it's released.  Hardware echocan will then need to be configured just
like the software echo cancelers.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer