[asterisk-users] When someone helps you, at least let them know if the problem is resolved or not

Andrew Thomas andy at datavox.co.uk
Wed May 11 02:49:08 CDT 2011

Wow! How self-promoting was that post?

As for a simple 'that worked' post - as others have already pointed out
before you, it's not for self-gratification - it's to help anyone else
who has the same/similar problem.  I used the list archives quite a lot
in my early days - and having the last post in a thread say 'try this,
this or this' and no comeback is a pain.  A simple 'option 2 worked for
me' post at then end would make everything a lot simpler (and beat those
deadlines you talked about).

As for 'off-list' mailing - please do NOT do it without
asking/permission as most people get enough e-mails as it is (from
paying customers).

Thanks all and have a nice day!